Demijohn completed!

First things first, the process of the lampshade is poor in pictures. I was very engrossed in cutting the fabric precisely enough to line the pattern to the perimeter. Apologies!

The fabric I chose was from John Lewis and I will shorty upload a link, cost, name of the piece. I chose this piece of fabric as the demijohn is an old medicine bottle and I think the two marry well together for aesthetic purposes. (And I like it)

photo 4 (9)

I bought a lampshade kit online for a very good price. Again, I will upload all those details in a separate blog. This kit was pretty basic but covered exactly what I needed.

IMG_2288

I measured the fabric at half a centimetre more as it requires you to tuck it into the lip of the plastic shade. A rotary cutter is great but scissors will do just as well.

IMG_2292

Here’s the tool they provided to tuck the fabric into the edge. This was my favourite bit. It was oddly satisfying.

IMG_2297

This is where the pictures in particular are non existent. Wiring up and trying to get fix the bulb was a little tricky so all effort was put into that. But here it is. I love that I can see the electric cable and I learnt to wire a plug! Although the cost was a little more I think it’s absolutely worth it as I’ve picked up new skills and I’ve learnt from old ones.

IMG_3226

HR.