Another Project Part 2

Well, I’ve been a tad busy lately but I’ve finally made some time to almost complete this little project.

photo (3)

Remember this? I removed the top half and the bottom drip trays and wood as it was failing apart. By removing those parts I had extra wood to create a top shelf and a shoe rack.

photo (4)

The image above is before the sand but it’s just to remind you of what it used to look like.

photo 1 (4)

So using the wood from the drip trays I measured, cut and glued it together to create slabs of wood. I then compressed it to ensure maximum hold. This is one slab for the top shelf.

photo 3 (5)

Here I drilled the holes for the pegs used for the shoe rack using wood that framed the original piece.

photo (6)

This is currently where it’s at today. I’ve been sanding down the glue and filler to even it out. The old varnish is a bugger to remove so it needs more sanding. The weight is better as it feels nice and heavy. One last sand and a lick of paint and it will be finished. Can’t wait to give it a good home.

HR.